[This event has been postponed. We will announce a new date once it it set. We apologize for the inconvenience.]
Washington Women Lawyers (King County chapter), QLaw Association, and Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle have partnered to host a “CanCan Party” on October 24, from 5 to 7 pm. A CanCan party is a breast and ovarian health education workshop that empowers women to take action about their health. Before and after the scheduled program, there will be an informal opportunity for the members of the various organizations to mingle and enjoy light refreshments.
This event is FREE.
- 5–5:30 pm — Networking
- 5:30–6:30 pm — CanCan workshop program
- 6:30–7 pm — More networking
Location: Plaza 600 Conference Room, 600 Stewart Street, Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98101. Limited parking available onsite and on nearby streets, and ample parking available in nearby garages, such as Pacific Place.
So what is a CanCan Party?
A CanCan Party educates about ovarian and breast health. We create a space where attendees feel safe about asking questions, while making it a fun experience as they learn!
The workshop is led by a trained health instructor and follows a curriculum in line with the latest scientific and medical knowledge on ovarian and breast cancer. Each workshop also includes an ovarian or breast cancer survivor to share her journey.
Attendees learn about both ovarian and breast cancer, specifically:
- Signs and symptoms
- Screening recommendations in line with national guidelines
- Risk factors
- Assessing cancer risk with our Family History and Genetic Counseling worksheet
- Cancer myths
- Healthy lifestyle choices to help reduce risk
Attendees are empowered to be their own health advocates by:
- Knowing their bodies
- Having conversations about their health history with their families and trusted health care professional
- Sharing this important information with family and friends
We are pleased to present this event in collaboration with the Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer.